Thursday, October 30, 2008

Live every week like it's shark week*

The New York Times website has up a profile of Tracy Morgan (click the link to go there) that is just an interesting the story I put up a week or so ago about impressions.

I knew that Morgan was crazy and often wondered how much it was a persona he adopted and how much of it was really him - and this article sheds some light on it. After I read it, it made me think about the way all the performers at PHIT carry themselves on stage and off.

Personally, I like to leave a lot on the stage. If I ever catch myself making 2 or 3 wisecracks in a row I tend to think "stop it" in my head. Others really enjoy being uproarious at every turn. Where do other people think they fall in the spectrum of persona? Do you think you've got one? Do you think it's better to live funny or keep the funny on stage... I'm curious.


*telling me who said this should be really freaking easy if you read the post.

No comments: